Preparing to travel
Travel health experts advise preparing for a trip four to six weeks before you travel, especially if you need to have any vaccination.
By booking an appointment with your practice nurse or doctor, as early as possible, you will be able to talk through any health concerns, receive important travel health advice and get the vaccinations you need before you travel.
Vaccination helps to protect you from contracting certain diseases while travelling. Specific vaccinations may be required for entry into certain countries – so it is important to check before travel.
- NHS Travel Advice www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
- NHS Choices Website www.nhs.uk/Livewell/TravelHealth/Pages/Travelhealthhome.aspx
- National Travel Health Network and Centre https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/
- Foreign Travel advice www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- World Health Organization Factsheets (by topic) www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/en
- The Blood Care Foundation www.bloodcare.org.uk
Links to all outside websites are provided as a resource to our visitors. PaxVax accepts no responsibility for the content of other websites.